The Traveling Navi

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Day 1

Ok, so the first day here I was in meetings all day. But in the evening I went out and got a Nokia Mobile phone. It seems having one of these things is a must as there are no public phones, no public transport, nothing. Got this phone for 25 USD, got a SIM card for 7 and a case for 2. Amazing.



Afterwards Hik and I performed for the 2 yr old here (Boni), it was her birthday, 2 tired old clowns trying to brin
g some joy to this little one, might have scared her more then anything.

The photo below is to show how big the house is. Puts our houses in Japan to shame, this is one of the lounges which they call the "Den". You can see my laptop in the bottom of the picture. The Lord keeps the balance, definitely one of the perks of the mission field.

3 Comments:

  • Heh. You look pretty good for all that travel love. Miss you!

    By Blogger The Princesses, at 9:33 AM  

  • tender travel

    By Blogger Stan Wang, at 3:56 AM  

  • Hi! this is June, kari showed me your blog. It is nice to see & hear from you!I imagined that you guys would sleep in the Horrible mosqitoes hatch. But, it is so nice,ha? TTL!! It is good that we expect worst. How are the teens? Are they happy? I wanted to see yuri's first reaction of the room. she always have funny comment.HOw about the food?? We are faithfully praying for you! We gave activemembers the prayer list today, so, you guys have strong prayer power!!Anyway, GBY!! ILY!! Please send my love to the teams! JUNE

    By Blogger The Princesses, at 4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home